Hospice of North Sunflower Volunteers make a difference in the lives of patients and families. They find their volunteer experience incredibly rewarding as they provide support to those who are going through the end of life process. You too can be one of these volunteers who makes a difference. You can also establish meaningful relationships with patients, their families, and our hospice team. Many of our volunteers will tell you that their life has been enriched by volunteering and making a difference!
– Listening as a patient shares memories
– Filling in to give a family caregiver a short, needed break
– Making supportive calls and visits to bereaved family members.
– Telephoning patients and families to offer reassurance and comfort
– Providing administrative support to the Hospice of North Sunflower office
– Running errands, performing light housekeeping chores
– Visiting lonely hospice patients in nursing homes
– Reading, playing games, listening to music with a patient
Specialty volunteers play music and bring their pets to visit. Student volunteers find many opportunities to gain valuable experience while meeting their school’s requirements.
All Hospice of North Sunflower volunteers receive comprehensive training that includes hospice philosophy, caring for the terminally ill and grief and loss education. We then match your talents and interests with available volunteer roles.